International Symposium on Language Documentation and Corpus Linguistics (10 March, 2017)
Title: International Symposium on Language Documentation and Corpus Linguistics
The 8th meeting of ILCAA Joint Research Project "Constructing a research network for documenting minority languages in and around Indonesia"
Date/Time: 10 March, 2017 (Fri.) 13:00-17:20
Venue: Room 304, ILCAA, TUFS
We will invite Professor Nicholas Evans (Australian National University) and the members of CoEDL (Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language, a linguistic project organized by Professor Evans).
Facilitator: Honoré WATANABE (ILCAA)
1. 13:00-13:10 Opening by Asako SHIOHARA (ILCAA)
2. 13:10-14:40 Plenary talk: Nicholas Evans (Australian National University) : "Do grammars do best what speakers did most: the Social Cognition Parallel Interview Corpus (SCOPIC) cross-linguistic corpus on social cognition in grammar" abstract
3. 14:50-15:30 Stefan Schnell (University of Melbourne) : "Conditions on object agreement and pronominalisation - a corpus-based typological study" abstract
4. 15:35-16:15 Sonja Riesberg (ILCAA Joint Researcher, Australian National University, University of Cologne) : "Cross-corpus annotation - a report from the ongoing Three Participant-Project" abstract
5. 16:20-17:00 I Wayan Arka (ILCAA Joint Researcher, Australian National University) : "On the pedagogical literacy for local (endangered) languages: lessons learned from Indonesia" abstract
6. 17:00-17:20 Discussion & Closing
No registration is required.
Jointly sponsored by:
- Linguistic Dynamics Science 3 (LingDy3) , ILCAA, TUFS
- JSPS Program for Advancing Strategic International Networks to Accelerate the Circulation of Talented Researchers, "A collaborative network for usage-based research on lesser-studied languages"
General Inquiry: info-lingdy[atmark]aacore.net